Dr. Shannan Edwards
Dr. Shannan Edwards is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who provides comprehensive therapy services to children, adolescents, and adults. Specific areas of clinical focus include anxiety disorders, grief and loss, mood disorders, adjustment issues, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, social skill deficits, and relationship issues. She also provides parent behavior management training and school consultation services to address attentional, emotional, behavioral, and/or social challenges in the school setting. Though her work is heavily influenced by cognitive behavioral therapy and interpersonal principles, Dr. Edwards is careful to tailor her therapy approach according to the unique circumstances and needs of each of her clients.
Dr. Edwards is committed to providing therapy services that are informed by the best available research evidence. She is an active participant in the scientific community and has contributed to numerous federally-funded treatment outcome trials exploring the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy interventions in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Dr. Edwards is currently investigating the long-term developmental implications of diminished glucose metabolism during infancy, with colleagues at the Emory University School of Medicine where she holds a position in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Edwards is an Atlanta native who currently resides in Brookhaven, Georgia. She played Division I Collegiate softball and continues to play softball in a recreational co-ed league when her body cooperates. Dr. Edwards is an avid fan of the Atlanta Braves who enjoys attending sporting events, concerts, and spending time outdoors with her cocker spaniel (“Mac”) in her free time.
678-825-2320 Ext. 4
Education and Training
- 2010: Earned MA in Clinical Psychology from Georgia State University
- 2014: Completed Internship/Residency at the Virginia Treatment Center for Children-Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- 2015: Received PhD in Clinical Psychology from Georgia State University
- 2015: Completed Postdoctoral Clinical Psychology Fellowship at Emory University-Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- 2015: Obtained License to practice Psychology in the State of GA